22 Dec What it’s like to live in Ocala, FL?
Are you considering moving to Ocala, Florida? Maybe you want to invest in rental properties in the area. Either way, understanding what it’s like to live in Ocala is important. Let’s look at some of the key aspects of this area of Florida.
The Horse Capital of the World
Found in Marion County, Ocala is known as The Horse Capital of the World. It’s known for all kinds of events from rodeos to Thoroughbred races to dressage competitions. With plenty of horse farms and equine activities throughout, this is the place to call home for horse lovers.
The World Equestrian Center is expected to open in the Ocala area, as well. A large amount of economic impact for Ocala comes from the equine industry every year.
While Ocala is known as one of the cleanest and most beautiful places to call home, it was also listed by Yahoo! Finance as one of the most affordable places to call home in the United States. Home prices and rental prices are lower than many other locations in Florida.
The cost of living in Ocala is lower than the national average. Since Florida doesn’t have an income tax and the Ocala sales tax rate is under the state average, the cost of living is lower than many other areas in Florida.
Attractions Near Ocala, Florida
There are many attractions found in and near Ocala including:
- Appleton Museum of Art
- Silver Springs State Park
- Marion County Museum of History and Archaeology
- Fort King National Historic Landmark
- Ocala National Forest
Many other attractions are found nearby. Downtown Orlando is found only about 80 miles away, which provides access to many more attractions. The east coast found on the Atlantic Ocean is about 71 miles away. The west coast on the Gulf of Mexico is about 40 miles from Ocala.
You can even enjoy the many theme parks found in Central Florida, which are found less than two hours from Ocala.
Top Neighborhoods in Ocala
Once you decide to move to Ocala, finding the right neighborhood is important. A few of the top options include:
- Dunnellon – Found in the southwest section of Ocala, this neighborhood provides a wide range of home prices and styles.
- Belleview – Another great neighborhood, Belleview is found just south of Ocala. It’s known as The City with Small Town Charm and homes come in many sizes and at many prices.
- Lake Wier – Another surrounding community with plenty to offer, Lake Wier provides many homes with two, three, and four bedrooms.
- Silver Springs – A very popular community near Ocala, Silver Springs offers many great outdoor areas and so much more.
These communities, along with many others offer affordability, great location, and a variety of homes. It’s also common to find functioning horse farms throughout the Ocala area.
If you’re considering moving to Ocala or investing in the area, you’ll likely be very happy here. It’s a top place to live in Florida and offers plenty to do and plenty of things to enjoy throughout the area.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.